Cheshire, CT-based networking startup, Fiber Mountain, Inc., launched at Interop New York in September 2014, debuting its Alpine Orchestration System, Optical Edge Switch and Connectivity Virtualization solutions for hyperscale data centers.
- Matter was tasked with helping Fiber Mountain formulate its launch strategy; fine-tune its messaging and positioning and above all, insert its voice into the software-defined data center debate as a thought leader and true disruptor to the incumbent data center switch vendors. Fiber Mountain looked to Matter to generate both awareness and significant media coverage and arrange meetings with key analysts and influencers.
- Matter arranged a dozen meetings and briefings for Fiber Mountain’s CEO MH Raza as part of a pre-launch media tour in key tech market and media center, Boston. Tour resulted in positive, on-message coverage coinciding with the company launch at the Interop Conference.
- At Interop, Matter arranged fifteen additional briefings with key media, analysts and influencers for Fiber Mountain’s CEO.
- Subsequent to the media tour and launch efforts, Fiber Mountain received high impact news and feature coverage in key publications, including NetworkWorld, Forbes, Information Week, TechTarget/SearchSDN, Data Center Knowledge, Storage Switzerland, Computer Weekly, and more.
- Matter also secured meetings and coverage with key analyst firms including IDC Research, Forrester, Gartner, GigaOm Research, Taneja, Dell’Oro Group, and more.
- Matter assisted in developing and securing key relationships with both analysts and top-tier business press for regular conversations and columns including Network World’s Editor-in-Chief John Dix and Managing Editor, Jim Duffy.
- Fiber Mountain arguably stole the show at Interop. Its’ booth was packed with customers and potential customers interested in the technology; competitors were listening in on Raza’s presentation; and the media’s reaction was that Fiber Mountain was the most interesting new story at Interop. Jason Bloomberg, contributing writer at Forbes noted: “Mark my words: the 2014 fall Interop show will go down in conference history as the event that launched the [Fiber Mountain] Glass Core.” (source)
- Overall Results: Matter arranged 30 interviews and briefings between Fiber Mountain and industry analysts, technology and business press, bloggers and other key influencers that matter most in the data center and networking industry; 20 original articles were placed over a three-month period, totaling more than 30 million impressions.