- FootJoy (FJ) is well known within the golf industry as the #1 shoe in golf and historically has focused primarily on media outreach within the golf press.
- With the launch of FJ City, a new stylish golf shoe that looks like a shoe that you would see in the street or in the office, the company was entering a completely new market, marking a significant opportunity to target more mainstream media outlets.
- Through a two-month long media relations campaign, the team officially announced the new shoe to media in April.
- The team targeted the small handful of long lead publications that had not yet closed June issues for inclusion in Father’s Day gift guide features.
- To drum up additional consumer excitement and awareness, the team created compelling Facebook and Twitter content that included contests and product giveaways.
- As a result of the proactive outreach around the FJ City launch, the Matter team secured coverage in top-tier publications that FJ had not received attention from in years (and in some cases ever) and resulted in over 70 million impressions
- Top placements included Real Simple, Parade, Sports Illustrated Golf+, and Town+Country.com
- The team also held user-generated contests on FootJoy’s Facebook and Twitter channels. Participants were encouraged to submit photos that showcased why they were an “FJ City guy.” Throughout the contest, the dedicated hashtag #FJ_MatchPlay was used approximately 512 times on Twitter