The opening of Matter’s sixth office, addition of notable clients and key personnel appointments signal agency’s continued success in 2019
BOSTON – December 11, 2018 – Matter Communications — a Brand Elevation Agency specializing in PR, social media, creative services and digital marketing — achieved tremendous success in 2018, highlighted by a 13 percent increase in revenue and the opening of its sixth office in Pittsburgh, PA. Surpassing milestones set in previous years, Matter achieved significant growth in employee headcount, service offerings, client partnerships, agency accolades and volunteer efforts.
“The successes Matter achieved this year were all the more meaningful as we celebrated our 15-year anniversary in April,” said Scott Signore, CEO of Matter Communications. “Our growth is more than a story of surpassing revenue goals and signing new clients – it’s a testament to the hard-working employees at Matter and our commitment to offering top-notch services that outpace competitors. I’m incredibly proud of the team this year, not only for the exceptional work they do, but also for the collaborative, fun and impactful culture we have built together. We look forward to reaching new heights in 2019.”
Office Expansion and Growth
In November, Matter opened its sixth office in Pittsburgh, located in the old Cigar Factory in the Strip District. Additionally, Matter’s existing offices experienced significant revenue growth after winning multiple new client accounts in the local markets. The Boulder, CO office saw a 38 percent increase in revenue over the previous year and the Portland, OR office experienced a 26 percent increase in revenue.
Employee Growth and New Hires
Matter’s headcount across the six offices increased 28 percent in 2018. Notably, Matter’s Boston office added 27 employees and doubled its physical space in its West End location, making room for continued growth in the coming years. The agency also bolstered its leadership team with key hires and promotions. Strategic hires include Jeff Tahnk, who joined as a general manager leading the digital marketing team, and Emma Gielata, who returned to Matter to lead the new Pittsburgh location.
Digital Marketing Momentum
Matter’s digital marketing service offerings helped drive significant growth for the agency in 2018, adding six new clients and 10 employees. Matter’s enhanced digital marketing capabilities help further elevate client programs with fully-integrated marketing campaigns, and include:
- Strategy, Analytics and Insights: Brand and messaging strategy, digital go-to-market planning, customer segmentation, research, brand & competitive audits and analytics
- Search Marketing: SEO, paid search, site and technical audits, Google support, landing page optimization, keyword segmentation and content optimization
- Social Media (organic and paid): strategy, content creation and measurement
- Digital Advertising: Paid social, pre-roll video ads and sponsored content
- Conversion Marketing: Inbound marketing funnel management, email campaigns, advocacy programs and remarketing
- Websites: Website creation, landing pages and site optimization
Key Client Wins
- 128 Technology: A next-generation networking company that develops Session Smart™ Routers that are simple, agile and intuitive while providing more advanced security, reliability, and performance capabilities than traditional hardware-centric networking products.
- CureDuchenne: The global leader in research, patient care and innovation for improving and extending the lives of boys and young men with Duchenne muscular dystrophy.
- Databricks: Provides a Unified Analytics Platform that accelerates innovation by unifying data science, engineering and business.
- ExceleraRx: A healthcare company advancing integrated care of complex patients, The Excelera® Specialty Pharmacy Network is comprised of integrated delivery networks, health systems, and large academic medical centers.
- Kit Check: The leading provider of automated medication management and drug diversion detection solutions for hospital pharmacies.
- Myomo: A medical robotics company that develops devices with myoelectric technology to restore the mobility of individuals with arm paralysis or muscle weakness.
- Omnigo Software: The leading provider of public safety, incident and security management solutions for law enforcement, education, healthcare and other enterprises, offering easy-to-use, flexible applications that provide actionable insight for making more informed decisions.
- Sectigo: Trusted by enterprises globally for more than 20 years, Sectigo (formerly Comodo CA) provides web security products that help customers protect, monitor, recover, and manage their web presence and connected devices.
“After interviewing seven agencies, we decided to go with Matter and we could not be happier,” said Joanne Forster, vice president of communications at CureDuchenne. “Our extensive team at Matter is incredibly responsive and act as an extension of our staff. They have all immersed themselves in our business and take initiative to improve the way we communicate before we ask. Many marketing agencies brag about how they can do it all, but this is rarely the case — Matter is an exception. From creativity to SEO to video production to PR, Matter has gone above and beyond our expectations and we are thrilled to be working with them.”
Matter celebrated multiple award wins this year for its notable workplace culture as well as exceptional client work including:
- Global Agency of the Year by Bulldog Reporter
- Top Place to Work by PR News
- Finalist for Agency of the Year in PR News’ PR Platinum Awards
- Merit Award for Agency Citizenship/Pro Bono Work from PR Club’s Bell Ringer Awards
- Finalist for Rhode Island Coolest Companies Awards
- Bronze Bell for Best B2B Campaign from PR Club’s Bell Ringer Awards
- 13 recognitions ranging from platinum to gold in the MarCom awards
- Best Video Series for PR Daily’s Video and Visual Awards
Volunteer Program Accomplishments
Matter’s volunteer program, “Helping Hands,” exceeded its goal of volunteering 1000 cumulative hours throughout the year for the second consecutive time. Employees across all offices contributed to the total of 1230 hours in 2018. A total of 59 volunteer events were held in support of organizations such as Salvation Army, Jeanne Geiger Crisis Center, Our Neighbors’ Table, International Hearing Dog Institute, Refugee Services of Texas and more.
Helping Hands is one of Matter’s many benefits and offers employees opportunities to give back by volunteering during work hours. Next year, Matter plans to increase the agency total goal by 200 hours and will encourage all employees to reach a personal goal of completing 10 volunteer hours in 2019. This will help Matter reach more organizations in need and positively impact its local communities.
With more than 160 professionals in offices in Boston and Newburyport, MA, Providence, RI, Pittsburgh, PA, Boulder, CO, and Portland, OR, Matter is one of the fastest-growing public relations, social media, creative and digital marketing firms in the country. Matter has won 11 “Agency of the Year” accolades in the past three years and has been recognized as a best place to work.
About Matter Communications
Matter is a Brand Elevation Agency, unifying public relations, social media, creative services, and digital marketing to create strategic, content-rich communications campaigns that inspire action and build value. Founded in 2003, with six offices spanning North America, Matter works with the world’s most innovative companies across healthcare, high-technology, consumer-technology and consumer markets. For more information, visit www.matternow.com.
Erin Brooks, 720-400-8010